Can you build relationships between clients and partners like an ingenious architect? Do you know how to create, syndicate, and promote content that’s interesting, unique, and oh-so shareable?
We are looking for a skilled and polished Communications Specialist. This position is for someone who has done this before – you have proven experience doing outreach, PR, social media or targeted content marketing at an agency or comparable setting. You will be part of a strong communications team, but your role will be much more than communications. You’ll also be responsible for thinking of different and better ways to operate, and staying on top of industry trends and innovations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Day to day, you will contact potential partners, negotiate contracts, ensure content is promoted on the right channels, and be very comfortable speaking with people you don’t know (we don’t call them strangers, just friends you haven’t met yet).
- Develop relationships with partners to create, syndicate, exchange and promote unique content between partners’ and clients’ channels (websites, blogs, social networks, and media)
- Forge new and strengthen existing connections in a variety of industries to create partnerships
- Display proven workarounds to common outreach obstacles and know how to find and connect with the right people for each project
- Display an understanding of various media channels and how to leverage them for different projects and client goals
- Create new strategies for establishing partnerships, creating viable content and targeting the right channels
- Work closely with clients and key members of our content, creative, and SEO teams to execute on ideas, strategies and deliverables
- Assist in coordination of production and publishing schedules
- Aid in promotion and monitoring of content and campaign implementation
- Ability to create and manage social media channels and campaigns
- Reporting of project status to teammates
- Evaluate partnerships at the end to determine which partners should be retained or replaced
- Present tools, tactics, and ideas on how communications processes can be improved
- 2-3 years’ experience in communications, PR, social media or related online marketing environment. Agency experience a plus
- Demonstrable knowledge of how to source and build relationships with potential partners. Bringing existing connections to this role is a huge plus
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven multi-tasker
- Interest in content marketing and content strategy
- Superb communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent networking abilities
- Ability to think critically and recognize areas of opportunity and growth
- Working knowledge of the travel industry and current travel media trends preferred
To apply, simply email your resume to email@example.com with the subject line: "I've got an eagle eye for good content!"