Do you have a passion for story telling? Are you an entrepreneur at heart? Are you a food truck fanatic or office sports enthusiast? If you answered “yes” to at least two of those questions, you might have what it takes to be the Director of Content Strategy at PACIFIC.
We are a digital media company that delivers conversion-focused content & marketing solutions. We’re in search of a strong full time or Director of Content Strategy who has an eagle eye for detail with a deep understanding for language & integrated marketing communications.
The Director of Content Strategy drives marketing content initiatives for our Clients, across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behavior.
This individual is an expert in all things related to content and channel optimization, brand consistency, segmentation and localization, analytics and meaningful measurement.
Ultimately, the job of the Director of Content Strategy is to think like a publisher/journalist, advising our clients as to the best methods for using content drive better customer engagement and experience across a variety of platforms and mediums.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
A successful candidate will possess a combination marketing and publishing mindset, with the most important aspect being to think “customer experience first”. In essence, the Director of Content Strategy you’re a storyteller who helps brands improve their relationship with their consumers. Here’s what you’ll do:
- Map out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why. Continuous evolvement of strategy is a must
- Ensue all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, mobile, and video
- Design and recommend usability tests to gauge content effectiveness
- Develop standards, systems, and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the realtime implementation of content strategies
- Leverage market data to develop content themes/topics and execute plans to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical behavioral metrics
- Conduct periodic competitive audits
- Work closely with the Inbound Marketing Strategists for SEO, Paid Media, Creative, UI/UX, Client Services on all client initiatives to ensure a consistent message and storytelling across channels
- Help to guide brand strategy through content campaigns for enterprise clients
- Develop large-scale, cross media content roll out plans
- Understand the role content can play in a business’ lead generation strategy
- Ensure final draft is complete and in line with client specific style and TOV requirements
- Motivating, mentoring and developing editorial staff
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years prior editorial experience
- Strong writing and editing ability
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Experience with creating compelling messages for different target demographics
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of HTML (not required)
- Experience in developing creative and advertising copy, is a plus
- Basic understanding of Content Management Systems (not required)
- Basic SEO background (not required)
- Did we mention be a good story-teller? Because if we didn’t, we should have!
To apply, simply email your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: "They don't call me Dr. Seuss for nothing!"