Do you have a passion for storytelling? Are you an entrepreneur at heart? Are you a food truck fanatic, or office sports enthusiast? If you answered “yes” to at least two of those questions, you might have what it takes to be the Director of Content Strategy at PACIFIC.
We are a digital media company that delivers conversion-focused content and marketing solutions. We’re in search of a strong full time or Director of Content Strategy who has an eagle eye for detail with a deep understanding of language and integrated marketing communications.
The Director of Content Strategy drives marketing content initiatives for our clients, across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads, and positive customer behavior.
This individual is an expert in all things related to content and channel optimization, brand consistency, segmentation and localization, analytics, and meaningful measurement.
Ultimately, the job of the Director of Content Strategy is to think like a publisher/journalist, showing clients how their content can drive better customer engagement and experience across a variety of platforms and mediums.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
A successful candidate will possess a combination marketing and publishing mindset, with the most important aspect being to think “customer experience first”. In essence, the Director of Content Strategy you’re a storyteller who helps brands improve their relationship with their consumers. Here’s what you’ll do:
- Map out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why. Continuous evolvement of strategy is a must
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice, and optimized for all channels of content including online, social media, mobile, and video
- Design and recommend usability tests to gauge content effectiveness
- Develop standards, systems, and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval, and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies
- Leverage market data to develop content themes/topics and execute plans based on these themes
- Conduct periodic competitive audits
- Work closely with the Inbound Marketing Strategists for SEO, Paid Media, Creative, UI/UX, and Client Services on all client initiatives to ensure a consistent message and storytelling across channels
- Help guide brand strategy through content campaigns for enterprise clients
- Develop large-scale, cross-media content roll-out plans
- Understand the role content can play in a company’s lead generation strategy
- Ensure final draft is complete and in line with client specific style and TOV requirements
- Motivating, mentoring, and developing editorial staff
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university (alternative: several years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years of prior editorial experience
- Strong writing and editing ability
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Experience with creating compelling messages for different target demographics
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of HTML (not required)
- Experience in developing creative and advertising copy is a plus
- Basic understanding of Content Management Systems (not required)
- Basic SEO background (not required)
- Did we mention be a good storyteller? Because if we didn’t, we should have!
To apply, simply email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject line: "They don't call me Dr. Seuss for nothing!"