Do you have a passion for numbers? Are you an entrepreneur at heart? Are you a food truck fanatic or office sports enthusiast? If you answered “yes” to at least two of those questions, you might have what it takes to be a Director of Finance at PACIFIC.
We’re looking for someone who cares deeply for their financial success. Someone who simply won’t accept “good enough”. At PACIFIC we want people who are willing to put in the hours – not to mention maybe even blood, sweat, and tears – to achieve their goals. But, we expect you to decompress and play with your peers during company-sponsored barbecues, ping-pong tournaments, and nights at Padres games.
As a Director of Finance, you will lead the finance role in PACIFIC with areas of responsibility including accounting, financial reporting for internal and external purposes, taxes, banking, billings and collections, vendor maintenance, and developing/maintaining compliance with policies and procedures.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Oversight over accounting, reporting, billing and receivables, vendor payables, corporate tax filings, banking activities, debt facility, and other activities
- Manage initially 1 direct report (internal and external)
- Work with operating groups to insure compliance with billing practices, revenue recognition, and best practices
- Preparation of annual operating plan, including variance analysis with monthly performance achievement
- Manage external CPA’s over annual tax preparation and initiate first year annual audit
- Develop accounting procedures and policies, and ensure compliance with them
- Work closely/collaborate with HR and oversee payroll function
We embrace diverse backgrounds, but at a minimum our ideal candidate fits the following profile:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required, CPA/MBA preferred
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- 6+ years relevant experience in corporate accounting plus public accounting
- Previous experience in a digital marketing and project accounting environment a plus
- Management experience of at least three years
- Must be able to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment and have strong interpersonal and computer skills
- Has worked with Quickbooks and other medium enterprise level accounting and reporting systems
- Has a technical background with GAAP and GAAS
- Strength in managing diverse priorities
- Has the ability to interface with other functional areas of the company as well as outside parties to accomplish deadlines
*To apply, simply email your resume to email@example.com with the subject line: "It's accrual world!"