Do you have an exceptional vocabulary, eagle eye for detail, and a will-do attitude? Can you spin a darn good story? If you answered “Heck yes!” keep reading because we’re seeking a Senior Copywriter!
We need someone who has a talent for implementing brand guidelines, can efficiently perform client and industry research, and is a natural at crafting well-worded copy. They should have experience being the “go-to” person on content guidelines for diverse clients, and have a proven ability to adeptly switch tones of voice. Additionally, they must be an excellent self-editor who can maintain a high quality of copy in a fast-paced environment.
The Senior Copywriter position will handle a high volume of writing and QA as needed. You must love writing – seriously, you’ll be writing all day, every day.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As a Senior Copywriter you will be in charge of researching topics, crafting original copy, and ensuring quality and consistency in your work. Some of your daily responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with editors, account managers, and SEO managers to create concise, informative, and engaging content
- Researching relevant topics and facts to incorporate into copy
- Taking ownership of content briefs to ensure they are accurate and useful
- Developing content strategies and projects with a variety of team and client members
- Acting as an expert on clients’ tone of voice and brand style guidelines
- Being able to switch voices when writing for a diverse range of clients
- Crafting tone of voice documents and designing style guides, occasionally from scratch
- Onboarding new clients to the agency’s editorial processes
- Paying close attention to detail and giving high regard for quality
- Working independently with minimal oversight
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Communications, or related field
- 3-5 years of copywriting experience
- Exceptional grasp of English grammar rules
- Exceptional ability to self-edit
- Proven experience producing creative, quality content – you can write all day, every day
- Ability to adapt tone of voice per client
- Proven experience creating copy for different marketing channels (blog, social media, website, video, etc.)
- Comfortable interacting with clients and internal team members – you must be an effective communicator and collaborator
- Knowledge of the digital marketing industry and strategies
- Experience in the travel and/or retail industry is a plus
- Experience with AP Stylebook is a plus
- A basic understanding of SEO practices is a huge plus
To apply simply email your resume, three writing samples, and your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: "Correct punctuation can save grandpa's life."