Are you a passionate, motivated, and driven software engineer? Are you enthusiastic about the latest technology, and maybe a little nerdy? PACIFIC is looking for a Director of Software Engineering to lead our marketing technology portfolio.
The Director of Software Engineering will provide technical leadership, vision, direction, and mentoring for multiple software engineering teams. This individual will manage multiple teams which design, develop, and support a marketing SaaS technology platform to support PACIFIC’s digital agency service delivery and meet client business requirements. The Director of Software Engineering will deliver SaaS products against feature roadmaps as identified by Product Management. As the Director of Software Engineering you will provide overall leadership and day to day management for multiple teams of software development professionals both on and off-premise. Additionally you will provide resource planning and project scheduling using Agile/Scrum software development methodologies.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Actively drives the development life-cycle from requirements analysis, feasibility estimates, design, code, documentation, testing, implementation, and support
- Developing project plans, resource planning, scheduling and managing development timelines
- Building and managing multi-disciplined software teams and overseeing the development processes using industry best practices
- Responsible for design reviews, code reviews, and mentoring the software development team
- Support change management process to manage software releases, application patching and changes to production configurations
- Manage multiple tasks and responsibilities in high-pressure environments; excelling at pinpointing and resolving problems in early project stages to avoid cost/time expenses
- Oversight and management of department expenses and budget planning
- Work with our delivery teams to understand their workflow and assess how technology can increase productivity as well as allow them to do things they could never do before
- Interpret the Company’s goals and visions, and turn them into strategies and actionable items to execute
- Survey developments in the Digital Marketing industry to leverage best of breed products while keeping us ahead of the game
- Stay abreast of best practices in software development methodologies, techniques and tools including Agile/Scrum, Cloud/SaaS, LAMP/Java etc.
- Be responsible for processes and workflow, and develop new ones as needed, by setting due dates, scheduling meetings and allocating the engineering workforce
- Staff and manage the tech team, comprising both local as well as offshore employees and contractors
- 6+ years’ experience in Software Engineering including 2-3 years as a manager
- Ability to drive a culture of quality and personal accountability through development and delivery teams
- Must have a commitment to quality through the ability to translate complex technical requirements into functional software using best practices
- Expertise in vendor contract management and management of distributed development teams and resources
- Expert in Agile methods
- Experience in application architecture and making rational buy vs. build and interface decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work equally well in self-managed and team-based Agile/Scrum projects
- Strong communication, leadership, and project management skills
- Ability to plan and oversee the creation and maintenance of software projects
- Ability to interact successfully with all SME’s (Subject Matter Experts) to increase product value
- Knowledge on how to build/structure/design databases and web sites/dashboards from scratch
- Experience in working with APIs
To apply email your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject line: "Keyboard not found. Press F1 to resume."