Do you have a logical mind with a knack for wordsmithing? Do you dream in if/then conditional statements?
Do you have a logical mind with a knack for wordsmithing? Do you dream in if/then conditional statements? Can you take a complex and diverse set of inputs and turn it into well-worded copy? Most importantly, do you thrive on learning new technologies and mastering them?
PACIFIC is looking for a skilled Technical Content Writer to become an expert on our natural language generation software. This is a role suited for someone eager to learn and embrace a different approach to technical writing, which combines both Boolean logic and grammatical skill.
As our Technical Content Writer, you will use data, logic rules, and dynamic synonyms to create content for a variety of enterprise-level clients. Your role will be to ensure our clients can efficiently and quickly scale content creation to drive organic traffic to their sites. This is a unique opportunity to learn a new technology, and become the expert on and ambassador of that technology for our company.
What you’ll do
- Act as team lead for and become an expert on language generation software
- Create and adapt internal process documentation for language generation software
- Work with account manager to determine the content needs of clients
- Create complex content templates within language generation software using data as input, conditional logic, and clean grammar
- Edit generated content for grammar and structure
- Interpret, sort, and format detailed and disparate data sets to weave them together into a cohesive content story
- Create and test multiple, complex templates to determine how best to use the data to achieve the greatest variability in the final product
- Use analytics to adapt content templates as needed to increase performance
- Provide project reports for internal teams
- Create best practices for content creation process within the language generation software
- Analytical mindset with ability to create a clear narrative from sets of data
- 2+ of proven experience as a technical writer
- Working knowledge of basic coding principles like conditional formulas and data structures
- Clear understanding of Boolean logic and its application to writing
- Ability to absorb and master complex software
- Understand how variables work within formulas
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills – understanding of grammar and writing principles a must
- Extremely detail oriented
- A demonstrated ability to work creatively and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment and to respond immediately to issues
- Experience with a natural language generation software a huge plus
- Basic knowledge of SEO & digital marketing best practices not required but a plus
- Background in computer science or mathematics preferred
- This is an on-site, full-time position. No remote.
Please note: This is a Contract-to-Hire position. Assessment will be made at the 6th month mark.
[To apply simply email your resume to email@example.com with the subject line: "Technically correct is the best kind of correct!"]